If you have developed white spots on your teeth and they are spoiling your smile, don’t worry just yet. The good news is that there are ways of treating many instances of white spots, and most of them can be done in the comfort of your own home. There are many reasons why you could develop white spots on your teeth. Eating or drinking excessive amounts of acidic fruits and drinks is one cause, as is dry mouth where the mouth isn’t producing enough saliva. Other causes are loss of minerals, acidity problems, wearing braces, genetics, and poor oral hygiene. Here are a few ideas for getting rid of white spots of the teeth. If they don’t work, consult a dentist.
Home remedies for white spots on teeth
- Baking soda is your friend when it comes to all kinds of stains on teeth, including white spots and even tobacco stains.
- Make a paste of baking soda and a little water, and use to brush your teeth. This should lift the stains.
- Mash 1 strawberry until smooth, then add to baking soda to form a paste. Brush for 2 to 3 minutes, and rinse. Use weekly.
- Dip your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide, then into baking soda, and brush for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse.
- Combine 1 tsp ordinary vinegar with 2 tsp baking soda. Use this paste to brush your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes at a time.