One of the easiest ways to warm up when it’s cold is to eat a warm meal. Some meals are more effective than others in warming you up.
- Turmeric is a spice that is added to curries and various other dishes. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. After eating food containing turmeric, you will feel a warmth from within your body. You can also prepare some warmed milk with a pinch of turmeric added to it.
- Ginger also creates the sensation of warmth from within. It is also an immune booster and aids the digestion. Add it to a cup of tea or include it in your daily cooking.
- Honey is regarded as a warm food. Taken together with warmed milk, honey is pleasant-tasting and promotes a sensation of warmth in the body.
- Cinnamon is a metabolism catalyst. The metabolic process generates warmth in the body. As it tastes delicious, you should have no problem introducing cinnamon into your diet. Add it to your morning cup of coffee.
- Adding pepper to your cooking is a great way to create a sensation of warmth in the body. You can choose between black or white pepper. Pepper has the added benefit of antioxidants which are vital for a functional immune system.
- Eggs pack a nutritious punch. They contain many vitamins and high doses of protein. These help to fight infection. The energy released by the protein in eggs will warm you up from the inside out.