When cold and flu season comes, you need to have an arsenal of weapons to help your body fight off infections. One of the best things you can do is drink immunity-boosting juices. Don’t wait until you’re sick to drink them. Make them part of your morning routine so that infections are kicked out before they can gain a foothold.
- Apple, carrot, and orange juice contains high doses of Vitamins A, B6, and C. The minerals potassium and folic acid are also present. All these nutrients boost the immune system.
- Orange and grapefruit juice is a Vitamin C boost for the system. Vitamin C is well-known as essential to a strong immune system. It is also rich in antioxidants which fight off free radical cells.
- Tomato juice contains a great deal of folate. Folate is known to reduce or prevent infections. It also contains Vitamins A and C, and iron. Homemade tomato juice is best as you make it without added ingredients.
- Kale, tomato, and celery juice is a delicious green juice rich in Vitamin A. There are also high amounts of magnesium, potassium, and iron in this punchy beverage.
- Beet, carrot, ginger, and turmeric can be combined into a healthy juice. The three root vegetables in the combination are known for anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Turmeric is a spice that adds a distinct flavor to the juice and is a powerful anti-inflammatory itself.