Stretch marks can be very embarrassing. If you’ve lost weight or just given birth, there is a good likelihood you’ll get some. Stretch marks may fade over time, but they won’t go away completely. However, there are some essential oils that you can use to prevent, minimize, or treat your stretch marks.
- Argan oil is a fairly new essential oil. It comes from the argan tree. It increases and improves the elasticity of the skin. This means it may prevent or treat stretch marks. You can apply it to the stretch marks, or you can ingest it orally.
- Gotu kola is a Chinese essential oil. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for many years. The oil is believed to stimulate the production of collagen which is good for skin elasticity.
- Rosehip oil is another essential oil to consider. Many moisturizers contain rosehip oil because it is beneficial to the stretching capabilities of the skin.
- Bitter almond oil is good for stretch marks, but it must be used with caution. You should never ingest it. You must use it sparingly as it is not clear how much is absorbed into your system via the skin.
- Pomegranate oil is made from the seeds of the pomegranate fruit. It is rich in anti-inflammatories and antioxidants. These detoxify and heal the skin.
- Dragon blood extract comes from the dracaena tree. Like pomegranate oil, its healing properties improve skin thickness, elasticity, and moisture levels.